Sunday 6 November 2011

Viviane Sassen

This month I am loving Viviane Sassen. I first discovered her after seeing her incredible In Bloom shoot in Dazed and Confused (see blog post 10th July) and fell in love with her work completely after just seeing it at HotShoe gallery in London. I find her work is so contemporary and different to a lot of the fashion photographers out there. Seeing her work exhibited has really helped inspire me for my current project. Having achieved great success as a fashion photographer, publishing work in avant-garde fashion magazines, she has established a unique visual vocabulary all her own. Her aesthetic combines a sense of childhood memory, where scenes are crystallized and highly saturated with color and shadow, with a photographer’s sensitivity to the body and surface.


I absolutely love her fashion work as well as her personal series and I hope you do to! Here are a few of my favourite photographs of hers but I encourage you to visit the Hotshoe gallery before the 27th November in order to see her work along with Alec Sloth and WassinkLundgren.

No comments:

Post a Comment