Tuesday 22 November 2011

Schilte & Portielje

Well it was that time of the year when I jump on to the Eurostar and journey to Paris for Paris Photo weekend. It was held in the Grand Palais this year and I thought it was the best one yet (well out of the three I have seen).

Whilst I could talk about the many beautiful photographers I saw there I want to mainly focus on the works by Schilte and Portielje, who I saw at the Kahmann Gallery stand. I had never heard of the photographers before but fell head over heels in love with their work. The dark black and white portraits were so beautiful, photography and styling wise. They have really inspired me with my project dealing with identity or lack of it and got me straight to experimenting with long exposures. I am absolutely blown away by their photographs and hope you feel the same. So here are a few of my favourites that I saw... I know you'll love them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment