Saturday 27 November 2010

Weekend in Paris

I took a little holiday to Paris over the weekend to see the annual Paris photo, which this year I have to say was exceptional. I fell in love with so many new artists and ended up buying the catalogue again. For those of you who have not heard of Paris Photo, it's a MASSIVE photography exhibiton held in the Louvre for a weekend that major galleries go to, to show various artist's work. You have current photographers such as Martin Parr, Nick Knight and Nan Goldin alongside some of the traditional photographers like Juliet Margaret Cameron and Muybridge along with up and coming artists. (For all you photography enthusiasts it really is worth a visit next year!)

Anyway, back on track, I adore Paris it is such a beautiful city full of culture, art and romance, which led me to take my Canon EOS 300 film camera, with my 50mm f1.4 lens and some expired film to take some hopefully romantic, "arty", Parisienne shots. As I done the main touristy features of Paris, i.e. the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame etc, over the several times I have been, we decided to see less mainstream parts of Paris opting instead to visit several flea markets, small galleries (as well as the Louvre) and many little streets with gorgeous French cafes to eat a lot of cheese and drink a lot of wine and generally get some real photographic opportunities.

I loved the results from the films and wanted to share some of the best ones with you all. I hope you like them as much as I do!

Click on image to enlarge



























No comments:

Post a Comment