Monday 15 November 2010

Contemporary Technologies

Our new project entitled Contemporary Technologies is all about appropriation within art. Every student had to send in at least 3 documents, be it video, photograph, painting etc. into a folder. We then have to make a piece of art using only what is in this folder titled "Parts Bin".

I have decided to try making Pop Art as pop artists are often associated with appropriation. At the moment I am mainly taking inspiration from Andy Warhol.
The image below is a still taken from The XX video "VCR". Using felt tip pens I coloured in 4 copies of the still. I then scanned them in together making it into an Andy Warhol type montage! I am going to try using the same picture to create the same effect using Photoshop as this project is encouraging us to use digital media!
Let me know what you think!

Click on image to enlarge



No comments:

Post a Comment