Thursday 29 April 2010

Kiki Smith


I am currently doing my sketch book for my current project "Image Time" and remembered an exhibition that I saw last year in Barcelona that would be useful research for it. The exhibition was by the artist Kiki Smith "Her Memory". I forgot how much I loved it. It was truly beautiful. An exhibition full of sculptures, drawings, stained-glass, mirrors, photographs and a variety of objects that refer to important episodes in the circuits of existence as seen from a female viewpoint. Her work is characterised by a constant reflection on human existence and on life and death; and her drawings of the human body, which are both traumatic and poetic. I found the exhibition so beautiful and felt I would share her work to you all and recommend you all to take a look at her work.


I have just purchased another book by her and can not wait to read it!









Here are a few images of her work from the exhibition I saw. I hope you like her too!







No comments:

Post a Comment