Monday 21 January 2013

Thought of the week

As a massive F.Scott Fitzgerald fan I have just started to read Dear Scott, Dearest Zelda - The Love Letters of F.Scott Fitzgerald & Zelda Fitzgerald. It chronicles one of the 20th century's most passionate and iconic romances in such a way that the reader, for the first time, gets to compare both of the relationship between F. Scott Fitzgerald and his wife Zelda Fitzgerald. It also got me thinking, what ever happened to writing letters?! In the days where we can connect to one and another instantly no one (and I include myself) seems to write letters anymore and after reading this book I have decided, if anyone wooed me with letters like Fitzgerald, it would totally work!

To all you Fitzgerald fans out there, it really is a must read as it is an amazing insight into such a devoted relationship that helped encourage him to write such incredible novels but was in the end, due to his alcoholism and her mental illness, a troubled and turbulent marriage.
Therefore, instead of a picture to inspire you this week, I have chosen a book for you to read, so curl up out of the snow, in front of the fire and enjoy. Although much has been be said about them as a couple, the best and most accurate road to gaining a real insight regarding them individually and their marriage, is to read what they themselves said to and about each other.

But of course the real reason... is that I love her and that's the beginning and end of everything - F. Scott Fitzgerald

1 comment: