Wednesday 25 January 2012

New Artist Crush: Shane McAdams

After only recently discovering artist Shane McAdams, I have fallen head over heels in love with his colourful Ball Point Pen paintings. McAdams states that his inspiration is from the abstract-looking Southwest desert he grew up in, which I completely understand as the beautiful images do to me resemble land formations and other natural landscapes. The best thing for me about these paintings is his process of achieving the bold colours that make the images so vibrant, the paintings have to be taken to a tanning salon as the UV light is what makes the colours pop! Personally I have never liked or agreed with tanning salons but in the name of art, UV me up baby!!
Here are a few of my favourite images of the bright burst of ball point coloured paintings. But to find out more about this artist visit www.shanemcadams.com

No comments:

Post a Comment