Saturday 24 December 2011

Festive Baking

As some of you more avid bloggers may remember, this festive time last year I made one of my usual Christmas cakes decorated with my own Christmas theme. Last year it was a Gingerbread party, complete with intoxicated Gingerbread men. This year, after another 6 hours labour my Christmas theme is... Hogsmeade in Harry Potter. Yes you heard right, a Harry Potter themed Christmas cake made entirely from scratch (of course) meaning I had to bake the cake, cover it with marzipan and icing, then make my figures, dying the white icing various colours and moulding it into shape.

Anyway, this year I think it is a pretty damn good one but let me know what you think compared to my last Christmas cake (which of course was blogged about December 2010).
This year I have also included making a Gingerbread house for the Christmas festivities... Have a look and let me know what you think... don't think it'll be eaten as that is a hell of a lot of sugar for one treat, but the gingerbread tastes good!

No comments:

Post a Comment