Saturday 22 May 2010

"Look out! Look out! Pink elephants on parade"

Recently I went up to London and noticed all these colourful, beautifully made model elephants around. I went to Trafalgar Square, Oxford Circus and Southbank and throughout my journey I kept seeing these elephants. Turns out there are over 250 of them all over London, each elephant has been decorated by a different artist or celebrity and is a conservation campaign that shines a spotlight on the urgent crisis faced by the endangered Asian elephant due to their habitat being torn down. Every elephant is for sale by auction and every bid you place is a bid for habitat. For more information visit http://www.elephantparadelondon.org/

I absolutely fell in love with this event, which is London's biggest outdoor art event on record, therefore I am planning to do my own project on these wonderful elephants. I am back home in a weeks time so I am going to download the route map provided on the website, which shows were all the different elephants are situated, and try and photograph all of them. I have not quite got all the details of exactly how I am going to do it yet but I know it will be good fun...

I'll keep you posted!



No comments:

Post a Comment