Sunday 17 June 2012

Jubilee Jubilations

As everyone is aware (unless you've been living under a rock) a couple of weeks ago it was the Queen's Jubilee and one thing the British know how to do is celebrate in style. Living in a small village myself, I was exicted to visit the many small village fêtes being hosted around my home. So I donned my wellies, Barbour coat and Union Jack flag grabbed my cannon film camera and set out to the various events. All in all I visited Chipperfield (who got top marks for their fantastic fête), Bovingdon (who I felt could have done a lot more), Berkhamstead (disappointing as when I arrived at half 4 they had finished and packed away) and finally Gadebridge Park for live music, fireworks and the lighting of a beacon. I am a huge people watcher and love documenting the interesting people I meet and for the Queen's Jubilee they didn't disappoint. Donned in an array of fancy dress mixed with country chic I loved snapping away, documenting a weekend that made me proud to be British!
Here are a few of my favourites from a weekend of celebrating our Queen's glorious reign.

No comments:

Post a Comment