Thursday 9 June 2011

Laila Muraywid

As you regular bloggers may recall, last October I went to Paris for the Paris Photo weekend, whilst I was there I went into a little art gallery and came across an artist, that I recently rediscovered during the daunting process of packing all my belongings up and moving out of my student accommodation of the past three years. When I saw Laila Muraywid's work I found it breathtaking and took a brochure home (which is how I rediscovered her again) and so I thought I would share her work with all of you out there. She is a photographer, sculptor and painter and her work is fabulous. She hand makes all the bejeweled props that you see in her images and also paints over the top of the photographs to add bits of colour.

Her work is daunting, powerful and most of beautiful, exploring and celebrating the various female form. She is a huge inspiration for me and I love her work so I hope you do to!









No comments:

Post a Comment