Wednesday 20 April 2011

Readers

Ever since I got to see Andre Kertesz's series 'On Reading' at the Photographer's Gallery I have been inspired to do my own project about reading.

I love nothing better than a good book and just getting totally absorbed in it's world and therefore whenever I am out and about I photograph someone else who is absorbed in the wonderful world of literature. Nowadays, compared to when Kertesz embarked upon the project, there are so many different ways and materials for reading such as laptops, i-Pad's and phones, alongside the usual books, magazines and newspapers we are so used to, so it has been a really interesting project to embark upon, capturing the various methods and situations that people read in.

So far I have a collection of strangers, family and friends who I have photographed reading. Mostly done so on film camera as I normally have one of my film cameras along with me. So here are a few of my favourites that I have captured so far. Let me know what you think, and as my collection grows expect more blog updates on it!

Click on image to enlarge





























1 comment: