Monday 7 February 2011

Primitive

I finally scanned in my primitive project images onto my computer so thought I would share them with you all. For my project I found old postcards from various cities like Paris, London, Bournemouth and Brighton. I then went to the places on the postcard and re-photographed how it looked now. Most of the original images were taken a hundred years ago and it was really fascinating to see how much had changed and how much had stayed the same. I tried to use landmarks so people would recognise them, and what had changed around it. In the darkroom I combined the two images together to create the mixture of old and new. The original postcard has come out as a negative over my image which makes the old look very ghostly, which I loved, especially if people were pictured. I then made them into my own postcards.

I really loved this project and has to be my favourite that I have done so far. Since doing the project I have begun to collect old postcards from places I visit, I especially love to find ones that people have written on and now have quite an impressive collection. I hope you like my postcard versions though. Let me know!

Click on image to enlarge

Bournemouth










London








Paris








Brighton




1 comment:

  1. Claire, these are really great. Such a good idea! I can just imagine them all up in some swanky London gallery somewhere!
    Well done captain X

    ReplyDelete