Tuesday 19 October 2010

Tim Noble and Sue Webster

I have always admired Noble and Webster, there contemporary work is so imaginative and creative but I particularly adore their sculptures made from rubbish that they then project onto to a wall, showing that the rubbish piles are actually made to look like silhouettes of people.

The fact they can make such beautiful installations from discarded rubbish is amazing, the sculptures must take so much time and the result is breathtaking and so clever, especially when you get to see them up close.

Recently I saw one they had created to form the silhouette of a famous image of Isabelle Blow's head. Within the rubbish they used to form the silhouette, contained one of her favourite shoes and lipstick shade, making it that little bit more personal to Blow herself.

I adore this work, and I hope you like it too!


Isabella Blow's Head


Dirty White Trash


El / Ella


Miss Understood & Mr Meanor

No comments:

Post a Comment